Daniel Suh, DMD
As a dentist, I am excited most about my patients – they remind me daily of my decision to take up a profession in the dental field. I love being able to come to work every day and provide exceptional services and treatments that help people live happier and healthier lives. When I was young, I had a very unfortunate first experience with a dentist. He did not care for what he was doing or how he did it, and I knew there must be a better way to fix teeth. During dental school, I vowed never to give my patients the same experience. My dedication is always to my patients and providing them with the most rewarding and beneficial dental care available.
Education and continuing education
In 1997, I graduated from Temple University School of Dentistry and received my Doctorate of Dental Medicine. The following year, I completed my Advanced Education in General Dentistry at Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery. I have further completed many different certifications so that I am able to provide my patients a wider array of advanced dental treatments:
- Nobel Biocare™ Implant Certificate - 1999
- Lifecore Implant Certificate - 2000
- Northwest Orthodontics Certificate - 2000
- Zimmer Implant and Bone Graft Certificate - 2000
- Invisalign® Certificate I - 2002
- Invisalign Certificate II - 2003
- Certificate in Advanced Bone Graft from MAP - 2004
- Advanced study of TMJ and Occlusion - 2006 - 2008
- Voted as America's Best Dentist 2013 by The National Consumer Advisory Council
I understand how important it is for my patients that I stay current and abreast of the latest technology, trends, and techniques in dentistry so that I can give them nothing but the gentlest and most effective dental care available. For this reason, I take many continuing education courses each year, and I hold membership with many organizations and professional affiliations, including:
- ICOI, Fellow of International Congress of Oral Implantologist
- AAOP, American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- AACP, Diplomate of American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- ADA, American Dental Association
- AGD, Academy of General Dentistry
- AADSM, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
At home and beyond
I am a native of Busan, South Korea, and I have enjoyed calling Edgewater home for the last 12 years. At home, I am a single father to three amazing boys: Jeremy, Richard, and Daniel Jr. I love being a dad, and I spend as much free time with my kids as I can. When I have some free time, I enjoy golfing and dancing.
I am actively involved in a local church, and I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to attend a mission trip to Sierra Leone in 1997. Earlier in life, I was a chef in the army, and so I suppose serving people has been in my heart for a long time! I look forward to sharing some amazing experiences with you and welcoming you to my family of patients.